Water Heater Repair in San Mateo, CA
Trusted Water Heater Service in the San Mateo, CA & San Francisco Peninsula
We rely on hot water to flow immediately with a simple turn of a faucet. If your water heater is no longer working effectively, is making unusual noises, or appears to be leaking, the team at our family-owned San Mateo plumbing company can inspect and diagnose the issue.
We pride ourselves on providing effective plumbing solutions for all types of water heaters including standard tank and tankless units. Bell Plumbing is here to make sure your home has a steady supply of hot water to keep you and your family comfortable. Take a look at what our clients have to say about us, and see why we are the most trusted water heater service provider company throughout all of San Mateo, CA! Our plumbing team will go above and beyond to ensure that your water heaters are in tip-top shape.
Schedule your estimate for water heater repair in San Mateo or the surrounding areas by calling (650) 600-3974 or contacting us online today!
Why Is My Water Heater Making Noise?
Typically, a water heater in proper working conditioning should make minimal noise. Loud or abnormal sounds, such as clanging or banging, can be an indication of a bigger issue.
If you notice any of the following, contact us for fast and reliable water heater repair in San Mateo, CA, or the surrounding areas today. Delaying the repair or maintenance process could result in further damage and potentially the need for premature water heater replacement.
Explore common sounds and learn why your water heater is making noise below.
- Popping – typically caused by an accumulation of debris, sediment, and mineral deposits at the bottom of the tank.
- Sizzling – could be the result of the water heater’s pressure relief valve being restricted or blocked, as well as a leak or condensation problem.
- Humming – likely due to a damaged heating component in the water heater.
- Hammering – usually occurrs because of a sudden increase in water pressure in your piping system and commonly referred to as “water hammer”
While some of these issues can be resolved by flushing and draining the tank, it’s best to consult with a professional plumber in San Mateo to determine exactly why your water heater is making noise and the best course of action.
No Hot Water? Troubleshooting Tips
It can be incredibly distressing to step into an icy-cold shower and realize that the water just isn’t going to heat up. If this has happened to you, there are a few things you can check before calling a plumber in San Mateo.
Why Is There No Hot Water?
- Have you used an unusual amount of hot water? If your dishwasher and clothes washer are both running, and three family members have taken hot showers before you got your turn, it may simply be that your hot water supply has been depleted and you need to wait for more water to heat up.
- Has your pilot light gone out? If you have a gas water heater, check the pilot light. If the flame is not lit, that means that nothing is heating your water supply. Follow your owner’s manual to safely re-light it.
- Has a breaker been tripped? If you have an electric water heater, check your circuit breaker box to see if any breakers have been tripped. If so, reset them!
When you call Bell Plumbing, we send an experienced plumber to check your system and figure out what is causing the problem. Once we get a grasp of the situation, we can advise on whether a replacement or water heater repair in San Mateo is the smartest option.
What Are The Benefits Of Water Heater Repair?
Keeping water heaters in top working order is a must for providing your home with an unlimited supply of hot water. Regular water heater service and repair can help you avoid inconvenient repairs, give you peace of mind, and provide many other benefits to keep things running smoothly. Not only does water heater service help maintain the performance of heating units, but it also saves money on energy costs due to its efficiency. Furthermore, water heater repair can help extend the life of water heaters, minimize water waste caused by leaky tanks, and reduce environmental hazards posed by problems in a water heater system. Besides the obvious financial upsides to water heater repair, you may find that regular maintenance stops strange noises coming from the unit while ensuring that water temperature remains constant so you can enjoy hot showers without running out of steaming-hot water.
Schedule Water Heater Service in San Mateo Today!
Whether you're interested in a conventional water heater or a tankless water heater, choose Bell Plumbing for professional workmanship and caring service. Feel free to contact us online or give us a call to schedule an appointment for water heater repair in San Mateo or the surrounding areas.
Contact Us Today!
“New toilet install.”- Gerald C.
“Second Time Using Bell”- Masuko T.
“Excellent customer service”- Heritage Realty J.
“Gert is thorough, thoughtful, no BS.”- Helen B.
“Good & Responsive Plumbing Repair”- Kevin I.
“Amazing Service, 5 Stars!”- Caroline J.